Graduation and Alumni
JCU Brisbane Graduation 2016
The 2016 JCU Brisbane Graduation Ceremony (College of Business Law and Governance) will be held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on Friday 16th September 2016, starting at 2:00pm in the Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (Entrance is on Merivale St).
If you are a student who will be graduating in the 2016 graduation, please familiarise yourself with the graduation rpocesses and procedures below. Please ensure you have completed all forms below by the stated closing dates.
- Step One (All Students ) Online Graduation Application Form (Closes Friday 26th August 2016)
- Step Two (All Students) Academic Dress Hire Form (Opens Monday 15th August 2016 and closes Friday 9th September 2016)
- Step Three - (International Students Only) Australian Higher Education Statement
Academic Dress Hire
For ceremonial purposes, you must wear formal academic attire at your graduation ceremony. You can hire your academic dress through JCU Brisbane. You can either submit the Academic Dress Hire Form online (please ensure your form is filled in correctly) or you can submit your form to level 6 with a cash payment of $60 - Please note: this option opens on Monday 15th August.
Important Information for all Graduands
All Graduands need to arrive at 12:00pm for robing purposes, this will ensure you have allowed yourself enough time to take photos, register and be seated in your allocated seat by 2:00pm.
Failure to follow the relevant schedule and/or inappropriate behaviour (intoxication / aggressiveness) will stop you from participating in the ceremony.
Graduands are welcome to bring as many guests as they would like, there is no restriction.
Please keep personal items to a minimum as Graduands are not permitted to take any personal items with them to their seat, all items must be left with your guests. Mobile phones will need to be switched off during the ceremony.
**Students are to arrive at 12:00pm for robing purposes, please note that late students will not be permitted to receive their Academic Dress and enter the Auditorium once the Ceremony has started.**
- Request for Official Academic Record
- Graduates email address FAQ
- Graduates Online
- Replacing lost or destroyed Certificate or Testamur
- Getting a job
- Further study
Also, be sure to check out the Careers section for some useful tips on finding full time and graduate work.
Overseas Visitors Health Cover
Do you have family and friends visiting for your Graduation? They can get Overseas Visitors Health Cover at a discounted rate with Allianz Global Assistance.
JCU alumni are valued members of a global community and we consider each and every one an ambassador for JCU. Once you qualify as an alumnus because of your studies or by virtue of being a staff member, you are a member of this global community.
JCU alumni consist of the following:
- all members of Convocation, as set and defined in JCU Statutes (no. 1);
- all current and former staff who have served for at least one year, including academic and general staff;
- all current and former students of JCU (including the other institutions listed in the Convocation) who have successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects), including past students who did not graduate;
- all donors who have given a cumulative gift of at least $1,000.
The Convocation of the University consists of the following:
- all graduates of the University and all graduates of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
- all members and past members of the council and all past members of the council of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
- all past members of the Advisory Council of the University College of Townsville;
- graduates of the University of Queensland who, while undergraduates, were enrolled for at least three years at the University College of Townsville;
- the following staff of the University:
- academic staff
- the Registrar
- the Director, Resources Office
- the University Librarian
- the Director, Central Services Office
- such other persons who accept an invitation from the council to become members of the Convocation.
JCU Alumni are entitled to a range of benefits and discounts encompassing travel, accommodation, car rental, entertainment, printing, photocopying, stationery, computers, and finance, fitness and library services. We will be adding to this range of the benefits on a regular basis.
If you are a Graduate/Alumnus, login here to take advantage of these benefits.